Entertainment & Sports Related Immigration

Entertainment Sports Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles San Fernando Valley

Mr. Pecchia provides a FREE CONSULATION (818) 963-8238. He offers low cost, quality representation. Based in the San Fernando Valley and Los Angeles CA. He will evaluate your situation and discuss your options concerning O, P, H, and B entertainment and sports related visas.


Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers

O Visas

O-1 visas are available for individuals of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim, who are coming temporarily to the United States to continue work in the area of extraordinary ability. Though many individuals come into the U.S. for short durations, the terms can be given for an initial period of 3 years with exentsions in increments of 1 year. O-1 and O-3 can pursue permanent residence while in the U.S. in O status.

O-1 Visas for Persons of Extraordinary Ability in the Arts, Athletics, Science, Business, and Education

Extraordinary Ability for Artists and Entertainers

Extraordinary Ability for Artists in the motion picture and television industry

Extraordinary Ability in Athletics, Science, Business, and Education

O-2 Support Personnel of O-1 accompanying Artists and Athletes

O-3 Accompanying Spouses and umarried Children under 21 of O-1 or O-2 visa holders

Also see the Immigration and Nationality Act: Aliens of Extraordinary Ability…


Entertainment Sports Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles San Fernando Valley

H Visas

The H nonimmigrant category covers a wide spectrum of workers entering the United States on a temporary basis in order to fill the needs of U.S. employers. The category applies to persons in specialty occupations, fashion models of distinguished merit and ability; temporary workers coming to the United States to perform nonagricultural work of a temporary nature (H-2B); and other H jobs as well.


Individuals who may be eligible for this visa must have a college degree or its equivalent in work experience, or be a distinguished fashion model. They must be working in their specialty occupration and have a job offer from a qualified U.S. employer and be offered at least the prevailing wage and a certificate of attestation from the U.S. Departments of Labor. You must have the proper background for the job. There are other requirements. The visa is granted for 3 years at a time with a maimum of 6 years. Spouse and unmarried children under 21 may apply for H-4 visas.


Individuals may qualify for an H-2B visa if coming to the U.S. to work for a U.S. employer in a seaonal or temporary job. Individuals who come to the U.S. as trainers or entertainers who cannot meet the criteria of O or P visas may qualify for the H-2B. Typically, the period must be for a 1 year or less. When an individual qualifies for an H-2B visa spouse and children under 21 may accompany the person.


P Visas

P visas are used more for Artists, Athletes, and Culturally Unique Groups (groups or individuals), coming to the U.S., as part of a group. Individual Athletes, however, may apply.

Unlike O visas whose requirements are reviewed based upon individual capabilities and recognition, P visas are based, with certain exceptions, upon the expertise of the group. P visas are typically issued for the time needed to complete the particular event, tour, or season. Entertainment Groups and Athletic Groups initially receive up to 1 year with extensions of stay in 1 year increments. Individual Athletes may initially get up to 5 years, with 1 extension allowed. Athletes may remain in the U.S. for up to 10 years.

Entertainment Sports Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles San Fernando Valley

P-1 Entertainment Groups/Companies, Outstanding Athletes, and Athletic Teams. They are only available to individual entertainers who are coming to the U.S. as part of a group with an international reputation. However, an athlete may qualify individually or as part of a team.


International Reputation

Amateur and Semi-Professional Athletes and Coaches

P-2 classification applies to an alien who is coming temporarily to the United States to perform as an Artist or Entertainer, individually or as part of a group, or to perform as an integral part of the performance of such a group, and who seeks to perform under a reciprocal exchange program which is between an organization or organizations in the United States and an organization or organizations in one or more foreign states, and which provides for the temporary exchange of Artists and Entertainers , or groups of Artists and Entertainers.

P-3 visas are available to Artists and Entertainers who come to the U.S., either individually or a member of a group, to develop, perform, teach, or coach in a commercial or non-commercial program considered to be culturally unique.

P-4 visas are issued to accompanying relatives of any P visa wokers.

All P categories provide essential support personnel.


B-1 Visa

Athletes who receive no salary or remuneration only prize money for their participation in a tournament or sporting event, are eligible for the B-1 visa as business visitors. Athletes who seek to enter the United States as members of a foreign based team in order to compete with another sports team are also eligible for the B-1 visas.

B-2 Visa

An amateur Athlete or group of Athletes competing in an athletic event for which they will receive no payment, other than incidental expenses, are eligible for the B-2 visa as visitors for pleasure.



Information provided on this site is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice. Individuals should speak with an attorney knowledgeable in such matters concerning their particular situation.  Also see Legal Disclaimer section of this site

Entertainment Sports Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles San Fernando Valley O, P, H, and B Visas

Serving the California cities, including, but not limited to: Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Reseda, Encino, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, Studio City, Panorama City, Northridge, Tarzana, Canoga Park, Simi Valley, Van Nuys, Sylmar, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Calabasas, North Hollywood, Hollywood, Pacoima, North Hills, Sun Valley, Lake View Terrace, Bell, Agoura Hills, Alhambra, Carson, Cerritos, Claremont, Culver City, Diamond Bar, Downey, El Monte, El Segundo, Gardena, Glendora, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Hidden Hills, Huntington Park, City of Industry, La Canada Flintridge, Lawndale, Lomita,  Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Monrovia, Montebello, Palmdale, Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Fernando, San Marino, Santa Clarita, South Pasadena, Pasadena, Pico Riviera, as well as those throughout California, the United States, and the world.

Thank you for visiting our site.

Entertainment Sports Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles San Fernando Valley O, P, H, and B Visas